Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My February Post

Since I seem to only be posting once a month now, we're just going to call this my February post! :) Things have been a bit chaotic at the Harkins Household, but not as bad as they could be I suppose. James is extremely busy at work, working 6 days a week and fabulous 11 hour days so we haven't seen much of him. He's the guy that comes in at night, takes a shower, eats and goes to bed, and who can blame him!!?!!?!! However, me and the boys have been loving this warmer weather. We have really taken advantage of this great backyard we have now and I am so excited for spring and counting down until March 11 when the time changes back and we have longer days and more sunshine in the evenings after work! 

I've made a lot of progress on the house. There are still 10,000 things I want to get done and need to get, but its starting to all come together. Every room now has curtains and at least some things hung on the walls so that's an improvement for sure. But there's still a long way to go for sure!!! And with this weather I've started on the outside now. I've got a swing for the front porch if James ever has time to hang it I am not sure, but I'm hoping and I got a table, umbrella and chairs for the deck. I love it. It's all colored stripes and just so cheerful. 

Besides the regular job at the ole B&B, I am also now helping with the campaign of Mitch Floyd for Marshall County District Judge, so if you are a reader of my blog and a Marshall County Citizen, you need to vote for Mitch! He's been our DA for years and is just genuinely a really great guy! If your not a registered voter, and I haven't already got to you.. don't worry I'm coming to get you registered!!! :) 

Last weekend was our regular and crazy per usual, but also Eli's 2nd birthday. LeAnne was sick and wasn't able to attend, but thankfully they were able to relocate to Brian and Kim's house so the celebration could go on. The boys had a blast and it was Scooby Doo themed, so that was even better! I can't believe he's already 2, and even more so that if he's 2, then Joey will be in 5 months. So depressing!

Other than that nothing much has been going on, but maybe things will calm down a bit and I can even start posting twice a month! :)


1 comment:

  1. You are doing better than me. I still have rooms with nothing hanging on the walls :(

    ReplyDelete