Thursday, May 10, 2012

Proud Moment



This is all about my wonderful moment with my son, Jameson, in which I realized that he is SOOOO my kid, and that he is growing up all at the same time. 

Not to sound like Heinz Doofenshmirtz or anything, but I feel like you need a bit of a back story to fully understand on our daily routine. I get up, get ready, load them up and take them to Granna's before I go to work in the mornings. They are still half asleep and have inherited from their father that you don't talk to them until they talk to you! I'm good with this because quiet is always a good thing. However, they like to listen to music. So the last 3 slots in the CD changer in the car are reserved for there CD's and is switches up from a mix of things like Phineas and Ferb Soundtrack, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Elmo, the Wiggle's, ect... you get the point. 

So back to the point... on the way to Granna's yesterday morning we were listening to some Mickey, well Goofy blast off countdown song to be exact, when Jameson speaks up and says "No, I don't want to listen to this.. I want to listen to that other song!" I asked him which song he was talking about and he was like.. you know....

and he starts singing... 

"by the time the bar closes... and you like falling down.. carry you home... taaooonnniiggghhtt.."

It was so adorable first off because.. hello, my child.. singing.. too cute anyways, but then to sing a pop song instead of a Wiggles song.. priceless!!! Who cares if he missed half the words.. I was proud!!!

Of course I switched it over to one of my CD's, and we sung "We are Young" on the way to Grannas and it was wonderful not starting my day off with kiddie music. Joey was just as excited to listen to "mommy music" and was bobbing his head back and forth and hitting the last work of every line and very much exaggeration his .. tonight! :) I realize how pathetic this is and sad, but I was excited my child picked good music over Mickey Mouse and he's still 3! I think that show true musical taste! 

I did have flashbacks to when Carleigh Madison was about that age and I can remember her bebopping in the back seat with me to "Umbrella" by Rhianna. "Ella, Ella, Ella!" So cute! And a refreshing change from the Wiggles "Cold Spaghetti" we had been singing prior!

Well now that I have this song stuck in your heard you can enjoy this sunshiney day!
And remember.. Nananananana, Carry me Home Tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Logan has to listen to his rock and roll he calls it. He hates baby music! LOL Kids what would we do with out them! LOL

    ReplyDelete