Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Halloween!

So I've really got my husband all into all my different traditions through the years and things that I wanted to do with our kids to have traditions with them. I'm really excited that he cares about these things because I love doing things and projects with the kids or taking them to special places that mean something to us. He decided to come up with a really cool tradition that I am really excited about!
His birthday of course is always two weeks before Halloween, so he thought it would be cool if every year on his birthday we would decorate and/or carve our pumpkins and make it a tradition. I want to give him kudos on this one because I thought it was really sweet he wanted to spend his birthday this way every year. So, last night we had our first pumpkin decorating James birthday night.
The boys had picked out pumpkin decorating kits at Target at the beach so we used them this year. They were very fitting to their personalities right now. Joey had a cookie monster pumpkin, but he didn't understand that the cookies were not real and got mad when he couldn't eat them, and Jameson got iron man... need I say more! :) Of course I attached pictures!!
On a totally different note it looks like it is our last day of warm weather today. I am excited about the cooler weather and the onset of boots, turtlenecks, sweaters and corduroy! Yes.. of course my excitement revolves around fashion.... Duh!
And now to get to work! That is if I can stop pintresting long enough to do it!
Its just so addictive!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love them - so cute! We started that "tradition" last year - letting them paint, use stickers, whatever - they turned out "intersting" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! What an awesome Daddy James is turning out to be~ super great birthday tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! We are doing pumpkins this weekend. I laugh because I was trying to hurry up and read blogs so I could pinterest while I was eating lunch! LOL It is addictive but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete