Monday, August 8, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

Yes, I know its been forever since I blogged but things have been a little busy! So, in the past month a lot has happened. There was getting ready for revival and then the actual revival which was wonderful. We had Bro. Royce/Sis. Gloria and Bro. Pat/Sis. Tammy all week and we had 6 receive the Holy Ghost! It kicked off on Sunday night and was just great all week! I got to be off this year from work so I got to enjoy the week instead of running home in a frenzy from work trying to get changed and ready and out there before there are no seats left!

Of course on Friday of revival was a very sentimental time for us because our little Joey turned 1 year old, to be Momma's little baby no more! Not that he ever really was a baby since he's been walking and Mr. Attitude & Bully for months now, but it is official! There will be a separate post later on his 1st birthday and birthday party since there are 10,000!

Last week was recovering from the ever eventful revival and recovering at work from being off for a week and it marked my first week returning as a full time employee. Yes, it is very depressing, but I made it through the week okay partly because I had so much done up before I left and very much because my boss was out of the office all last week so it was pretty easy going for me.

This past weekend we just needed a family day out and James had to work Saturday morning, but after he got home and rested a while we got out and headed to Huntsville. He called Matt and they weren't doing anything so they met us to eat at Rosie's and then we headed to Bridgestreet. We have only went a couple of times and the last time was when Jameson was one, so it was nice to get out there and thanks to Heather who had a stroller that Heidi wasn't going to use we made it through with Joey! But the kids got balloon animals made and rode on the carousel. Well slightly rode on the carousel. Heidi who loved the carousel and rode her pony proudly, Joey who got on a panda and was laughing it up and poor Jameson who is going to be my child through and through was terrified sitting on one of the benches we me, clinging to my arms asking me over and over... "All done Momma?, Get off now?, All Done???" So, the second go around we hung out on the sidelines and watched Ms. Heidi go by acting just as excited that she seen us the first time and the last! Jameson enjoyed watching her ride the carousel much more!

So, it's Monday again, but I'm fully refreshed and ready to go a big part to the wonderful blessing that was so very much needed last night at Church and another big part to the fact that my 1 year old slept from 9:30 until 7:15 in his own bed! My child has finally slept through the night and I am sooo thankful! I'm thinking I don't even need my coffee this morning, wait what am I saying that Peppermint Mocha is calling my name, but one cup should do! Hope all my fellow bloggers have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I have missed you! I was so excited to see a post from you this morning :) I'm glad the Lord blessed your revival. I wanted to get out there but with this crazy summer we have gone to VERY few revivals!
    I write this as I sit sipping my coffee doused in... Peppermint Mocha! Great minds think alike!
    Happy Birthday to Joey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. peppermint mocha?? i need to try this! sorry we missed your revival but we need to get together soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Heather I miss you too, and I completely understand we only made it to ours and Big Coves all summer and I've only got two kids, so I can't imagine! :) And yes, the peppermint mocha is fab! You have to try it Tara, and we do have to get together! At least we have made an attempt this month though. That's progress!

    ReplyDelete