Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's took me a while to get this done since the week has been so crazy, but five years ago this past Wednesday, June 15, things changed quite dramatically in my life! I sat through a revival church service at Huntsville Holiness Church and could not tell you who talked, what they talked, what they sung or anything about it other than I knew that if I did get the Holy Ghost that night that I hope that I would just die because I could not keep on living the way that I had. They gave an alter call and I went down there and started praying like I always had, but I was determined that no matter what happened I was not getting up out of that alter without the Holy Ghost and if the Lord wouldn't give it to me and I did get up without it it would be because somebody made me get up. I prayed for almost two hours and had so many encouraging words and was really feeling the power but just couldn't get a hold of it. I went back to praying and I heard Bro. Shannon Barron who was down there praying for me say to somebody "She's about to make it!" And when I heard it I just got so excited and actually started laughing because i knew I was about to make it. Probably a split second later I started speaking in tongues! I just laid there laughing because I knew I had and I was so happy, but I wanted to make sure every one else knew I had and I knew if he let me speak in tongues once he would let me again. I started praising the Lord again and I immediately started speaking in tongues again. I didn't wait any longer. I popped right up and grabbed hold of the first person I seen which was Allison Stilwell and she had just gotten the Holy Ghost a couple nights before! I have been one happy girl since and am so thankful for all the ways that the Lord has blessed my life although this one incident was the best blessing ever. I'm so thankful for my salvation and that it's mine.

2 comments: