Monday, June 27, 2011

One Fabulous Weekend!

So as you know from my prior post I have been having some fun times lately with my back. Thanks to some fabulous muscle relaxers, some physical therapy, and a husband who has took over the lifting the babies duties (Yes.. James have been toting the kids to and fro and even watched one at a time at church over the weekend all by himself! - Go James!!!, he has also received a new found respect for me - Go me! LOL!) I made it until Sunday night! I pushed myself to go back to church Sunday night. And by pushing, I mean literally! It was storming, I was hurting and it took all I had to get up off that couch and get the boys ready again to go back. But I am soo thankful that I did. Jared Lewis came to church and received the Holy Ghost! It was so wonderful. I just cried when he went to the altar. I was in a lot of pain, but I was not going to miss him getting the Holy Ghost. I went up there and prayed for him, and of course he wasn't a quick one! :) But I got to see him speak in tongues and the look on his face when he realized he was speaking in tongues was so wonderful! I was hurting so bad, and Jared was so happy and hugging everyone, and Bro. Rodney Ragon just come right through the crowd and laid hands on me and I had instant relief from that pain. I was so thankful to have some relief. Then after they sung the "If this ain't the Holy Ghost" song, Bro. Matt got the oil and anointed me. I just have such a thankful heart. I was still having some pains through all of this but nothing like it was and when I got home I noticed that I could bend a little better, and I could walk a little faster, and before I went to bed I had chased Jameson all around the house playing, got their pajamas on them, lifted them up, put Joey in his crib and then got in the bed and was able to rest. I am SOOOO thankful! I woke up this morning and I am having no problem. I'm bending, twisting, lifting, walking, going up and down the stairs with ease! I had a doctor's appointment this morning and I went and he is completely baffled. He says that discs do not just go back into place and he doesn't understand my relief of pain, but he's going to do some more scans and wants me to come back in Wednesday because he thinks after I try to work a couple full days in a row that I'll be in pain again. I'm actually looking forward to seeing his face when I go back on Wednesday and those disc are all back in place! I'm guessing it's going to be better than the one he made when I was able to reach down to my toes today! So thank you Lord for healing me once again in my life, and thank you Lord for giving the Holy Ghost again at Rocky Branch and especially to one of my dearest childhood friends. I'm so thankful how he worked his life out and made a way for him. I'm looking for many more this summer! Blessed be the name of the Lord!!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome on all fronts!! That is Br. Gene's son right? Is he the oldest???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! On all accounts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it his son, but its the youngest. He's the blonde one, has a cute little girl named LeAnna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the best blog post!! I had tears in my eyes reading it! The Lord is so good isn't he?! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks Heather! Didn't mean for it to be sad, I'm just really thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sad tears! The kind that spill out from our hearts into our eyes when we are touched by God's awesome goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete