Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lions, Tigers, and Elephants....Oh My!

Jameson loving his new Zebra (Marty) toy from the Zoo!

Joey Eating.... Surprise.. Surprise!

I hope all of your had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We kick started ours off on Saturday with a fun filled day at the Birmingham Zoo! We got there around lunch time on Saturday and Jameson and Joey both loved it! Joey's face when he saw the elephants was priceless! They were so close though. We also got to see the new baby lion cubs that made their debut this weekend. They have a contest going to enter a name to be considered for one of the cubs. Jameson's entry name was Thor! You knew it would be a superhero name.. right?? Although I do think Thor might be a cute little name for a Lion. After a couple hours there and seeing all the alligators, kangaroos, birds, snakes, and monkeys we could handle we headed on over to the Summit to get in a late lunch at The Cheesecake Factory!!! I know there is no need to even say that this was fabulous because it's declared in the name its self, but it was... FABULOUS!! We did a little bit of shopping around the Summit and then headed on home.

Marty's Picture.. Jameson thought he should get one too!

The Georgia game was about all I expected it to be, but not all I hoped it will be. So, maybe we will have better luck next week against South Carolina.. and Roll Tide!
Congrats on the win over Kent State... I know it was such a shocker!

The weekend was bittersweet with the news of Sis. Vera Shirley passing away. She was a precious precious woman, and I know she will be greatly missed. I'm very thankful that she is not laying and suffering anymore. I hope the rain will clear up enough today for her family to be able to bury her.

The rain has however put us into an instant fall here in Guntersville. I even opted for some pantyhose and closed toe shoes today because the 50's temperature when I was leaving the house today was more than my bare legs and feet could stand! Although I am very much in the Fall Welcome mode... I am still excited that it is now only 21 DAYS until we leave for the beach!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

I'm going to try to upload the Zoo pictures from my camera tonight so I'm sure that will flood my blogger tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment