Monday, May 23, 2011

Old Enough To Know Better, Still Too Young To Care!

Hello all! I realize it has been a few days since I blogged, and my fall off the blog wagon has not been intentional! It has been a little crazier than normal! Things have been insane at work, which is always a good thing because busy means making money and days not dragging by slowly, so who can complain about that? At home things are starting to calm down a bit. I know it will be a short lived thing, but I am enjoying it none the less!



Thursday was my 25th birthday! Yes.. 25.. half-way to 50, almost thirty, no longer in my early 20's, blah blah blah.. I've heard it all so no need to rub it in further! :) But it actually was not that bad. Honestly, it's probably the best birthday I have had in years. For the first time in our married life my husband not only remembered my birthday, but actually purchased me a gift! I was so excited. I got a beautiful strand of turquoisey blue pearls and the bracelet to match, and I actually got a card!!! Which is sad that it excited me more than anything else! LOL! But after 5 birthdays, 3 Mother's Days and even some anniversary's of no presents and not even a card, it was an exciting thing! I also had so many friends do so many special things for me I was really overwhelmed and then my adorable little niece, Heidi, and the best sister in law ever, Heather, came and surprised me on my birthday at work and brought me a little yummy prize and an "Awesome Aunt" card and sticker that I wore proudly!



Friday night James took me out to eat for my birthday at Outback. Of course it was super yummy and I stuffed myself on blooming onion! Then we headed to the mall which I hadn't been to a mall in at least a couple years and I discovered a "new to me" store since I've been told I've been living under a rock (thank you Jennifer Baker!!! LOL!), but Charming Charlies is my new favorite store EVA!!! We got home about 10, which is so late for me and I was wore out! Saturday I got up early and was going to mow the yard before it got too hot and while the boys and James were still in bed. Of course I got the front yard almost completely done and I ran out of gas! So, James went to get some more gas in the lawnmower. It took him forever since he got him something to eat, dip, gas in the vehicles too and just basically took him precious time and I ended up finishing mowing the yard in the heat of the day. It wasn't too horrible and I got some fabulous sun, so it all worked out good.



My Uncle Bob had come up from Fairhope on Thursday and had been staying with Mom and Dad. We got to hang out with him Thursday night and also Saturday evening, and a lot of the rest of the family were up too. It was a fun night to hang out since it had been well over a year since I had seen him. He left to go back home to the beach on Sunday and who could blame him! I was tempted to back up and head back to his guest cottage for a few weeks! But that pretty much sums it up and it's long and boring, but I hope everyone else had a great weekend and is enjoying their Manic Monday's!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Don't worry 25 is still really young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day! I totally understand the card thing!! Bradley bought me a Playstation game for our 5th anniversary and I cried!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! LOL Haley! That's hilarious! Yeah, at least he doesn't buy me stuff for himself! I don't think I've ever cried before, but I know on our second anniversary we were at Sanibel Island and he had got up early and went fishing and I knew he didn't have me anything for my anniversary again, so I went out on a shopping spree and bought a bunch of stuff for myself! LOL! Of course, I found out I was pregnant on the way home from that beach vaca and couldn't wear half of it in a matter of a few months! So, the joke was on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol for our first valentines day married tyler sent a dozen roses to my work and I was so excited!! then when i get home he hands me the keys to a four wheeler and tells ME happy valentines!! lol right!!! then in a few days I get the BILL for the roses and had to write the check... thats so wrong!!! and you can guess who rode the four wheeler more right??

    ReplyDelete