Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Please Remove The Kick Me Sign From My Back

So this is my negative, non-upbeat, and unhappy post for the year! After a few hard weeks with one thing after another I had one more day today! No sense in going into all the crazy details and boring you guys with my troubles, but I have decided that there must be a sign on my back that says.. Hey, I'm Down... so Kick Me.. Hard!!! If you happen to walk by and see this, please remove it because my back is really hurting at this point! But I'm going to take some pointers from two very wise men..... The first... Bro. Royce Cornelious... who thankfully come a few months back and this has really stuck with me. Probably because I am really bad at doing this, but in his words.. "be joyful in tribulation! It's easy to get up and praise the Lord when everything is going well, but harder when things are not" So, things are not going well, but I am so thankful for everything that is! I'm thankful for a roof over our heads, clothes to wear (even if most are snug.. hehehehe!), food to eat, happy healthy children and their joyous laughter in our home, James who I love so much it even amazes me sometimes, and most of all peace in my home and my soul. I know there was a time in my life where there was not that peaceful feeling when I laid down to sleep and I don't want to forget that. The second... Bro. Matt Long... who if he is anything, is a great encourager for me... and as he reminds us often.. Let everything that hath breathe, praise the Lord, praise ye the Lord!!!! Not only am I thankful for all the good things in my life, but I know I would not have any of it without the Lord! ( Oh, and Ken... if you read this, you don't have to tell him I called him wise or anything! LOL!) So goodnight to all my blogger friends, I will try to be my more upbeat, silly, and giggly (yes - Drear... I am still a giggler... I wonder if I'll ever grow out of that) self tomorrow because I know that this too shall pass!

4 comments:

  1. This is probably your best post ever! ALL of us have days (maybe weeks? months?) when we feel like you must be feeling - how wonderful that this is your post! How wonderful that God has graciously given you this encouragement - and that He wrote it in YOUR heart to remind the rest of us today! Hoping the "son" shines on you today sweetie! Hang in there - keep those things in remembrance and you'll be just fine - and when you get through these "fiery darts" you'll be even stronger! You've encouraged me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you so much Sherrill! You have made me feel so much better. I was just very troubled last night and started typing, and I actually considered deleting this post after I had done it because I didn't want anyone to think that I was whining or anything. So I'm thankful that I didn't now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not whining! it is what it is and many of us are right there with you and least you said but I remember what Bro Royce and Bro Matt have said!! keep that close to your heart! Those are 2 of my FAVs!!!! I will try to pull your kick me sign of you if you will do the same for me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely will girl!!! Maybe we can actually see each other soon to remove any kick me signs! LOL!

    ReplyDelete