Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama


Well I heard some fabulous Lynyrd Skynyrd on the way to work this morning, and normally I have to change it because sometimes I just can't handle the Sweet Home Alabama anthem, but this morning it was bittersweet to me. I had flashbacks of Joey singing it on numerous occasions, and was thinking how ironic that Alabama is our sweet homes now. I had this pic on my computer thanks to some of his classmates on FB. This was at their Senior Break Day after being dunked in the dunking booth several times, he decided to put his shirt back on soaking wet (notice the discoloration from the waist down) and was singing Crazy Train soaking wet in the midst of all those wires and power cords... idiot... why yes, yes he was! But we love him anyways.







Also, thinking about how nice it is to be in Sweet Home Alabama. Last night enjoying playing with my boys, riding them around in their wagon, Jameson riding his four-wheeler, and them swinging on Bullseye (a.k.a. the rubber tire horse swing, and since its a horse of course its referenced to as Bullseye!), then swinging on the wicker swing on the porch with my boys I was thinking how peaceful it is up here. Of course I took pics last night with my camera so I had to add them too, and if you can see past Jameson cheesin'.. yes I did realize the irony that my baby Joey also has on his Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt that I bought him. I know his Uncle Joey would be so proud! So Sweet Home Alabama, where the skies are so blue, Lord I'm coming home to you!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! Bradley was just talking about him Sunday. How he couldn't help but smile around Joey. I know he is missed dearly but what great memories you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I remember that's what Bro. James said at his funeral when he talked that he had an infectious smile! :) He really did! You couldn't help but be happy around him! I hope my boys inherit that from him for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't talk about Joey and me not say anything :) And of course all I can say is good - I've actually been thinking of him a lot lately and I know you have tons more memories than I do but I do have a lot and they are definitely great ones! Like the time we were stupid enough to let him take the lead downtown chattanooga on prom night...and he took us to a BAD part of town...Clint and I were like "where in the world is he going!" LOL I could keep going

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's totally fine with me.. say all you want! :)LOL! That's hilarious! Why would you trust him to drive there??? Ya'll were very brave! My favorite is taking all ya'll shopping in the ghetto part of town in ATL (well, it's all pretty much ghetto now), but Joey was cracking up at your Mom's like rocket ship looking van and all of us piling out and Tara was amazed at how bad and pale we all stuck out! :) That was such a fun weekend! I've got some great pictures from then I need to scan in and embarass us all from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!! I think about that weekend alot!!! You can't mention Joey's name without smiling and laughing!! oh yes the spaceship! I remember Joey dancing in the parking lot of the mall and jumping and clapping his feet together with flip flops on! how he didn't bust his tail i don't know it was hilarious! I think I have some pictures too that I will have to find!! I can't help but think of Joey of course when " The Dance" comes on sometimes I can handle it and sometimes i can't.. He is still greatly loved and missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lord I forgot about him doing that in those stupid flip flops!!! How did he not bust his tail?? I wish he would have!!! LOL! Yeah, I try to stay away from Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney in general but I can do it sometimes and smile, so its nice then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weird....I was talking about him the other day. So many memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know!! I found the most hilarious picture of him with ya'll wearing either yours or Britney's high heeled sandals leaned up against the jeep that Easter weekend that he got it! LOL! I couldn't help but bust out laughing!!! I had forgot about that too!

    ReplyDelete